Kirby Spotify Field Plugin

Hey everybody,

I just wrote a little script which uses the title field (which is an artist name) and puts it into a search with the Spotify API. Afterwards it creates an iframe and embeds it into the site. This works quite good but I would like to write it as a custom field.

My idea is a search field where you type in the artist you want to use, the first 10 results appear as autocomplete under the field and if you click one, you select this artist. The rest is the same as my current Spotify search.
But now I don’t know where and how to start. I tried the little doc for a plugin, which is too basic. I also tried downloading other plugins but most of them are so huge and again, I don’t know where to start.

Which kirby are you using? 2 or 3?

The latest version of Kirby 3 :slight_smile:

Basically you need to make a custom field which is a Vue component, described here. I’m afraid I don’t know Vue and ive only made one or two plugins, so i cant help much more than that.

But you should probably extend an existing field and add features to it. Theres a full list of them here in the UI Kit.

Thanks @jimbobrjames,

I don’t know vue.js either. Maybe I need to read more about it.

Thanks!