Kirby producing wrong ->url() in sub-sub-page domain setup

hi!

i know this is a bit of a classic question when deploying kirby on a shared-hosting server, and generally i always managed and learned how to fix this problem (eg with RewriteBase in .htaccess). this time it seems more complicated than usual and the hosting environment is not a shared web-hosting, but a custom university server behind a VPN where i can’t communicate with the ITC.

i have the current problem:

accessing the website gives me back only the HTML response of the given route. all assets as well as any link generated by kirby via ->url() has the wrong URL. eg:

• instead of being website.com/section/my-website
  • it is website.com/my-website

at first i tried to set RewriteBase /section/my-website and what it does is to produce a 404 for any subpage i visited of the website. if i remove the RewriteBase rule and access any of the subpage at the correct URL, i get back the HTML response (minus the assets).

then i tried to manually set the SERVER_NAME (ref) and it fixed the assets loading but every visited page with the correct URL would return 404. i tried to combine both setting the url in site/config.php with the RewriteBase and no improvement either.

for completeness:

• using php_info() showed me that the SERVER_NAME is website.com
  • the provided .htaccess from the ITC starts with a rule like this:
<FilesMatch \.php$>
  SetHandler "proxy:fcgi://127.0.0.1:<port>"
</FilesMatch>

since the root of the problem is how Kirby internally generates URL to resources, is there something else i can try? did i combine or used each of the two above mentioned techniques wrongly?