Kirby 2.2 public beta

Well, sorry @wottpal, unfortunately, I don’t know what any single user here does or does not know :wink:

Other suggestion: create a feature request over at Github for the panel repo.

@texnixe @wottpal there already is an issue on GitHub by @Malvese: https://github.com/getkirby/panel/issues/595

@bastianallgeier just a couple of observations from the UX point of view:

• the button to add a new page seems a bit unintuitive (01:34). The title tips are fine but having “Add” and “Add & Edit” as labels instead of the “Ok” and the pencil icon can help people to easily understand the actions to accomplish, on both desktop and mobile devices
  • drag & drop files upload is an invisible feature (2:52). The risk is that many people will never notice this feature. The drop area should be limited to the files section of the panel adding a small informative text about this feature and/or an icon hinting a droppable area
  • the visibile/invisible status option hides the order functionality (4:12). A separate option/dialog should make both the ordering action and its status immediately visible. At the same time an invisible page should reset the ordering status and vice-versa making this relation explicit

Finally, a question about security.
Can the CSFR protection used by the panel shared in some way with the front-end website? I’m referring in particular to the possibility of having some helpers to generate a token and validate “regular” and AJAX requests.

Got stuck in a redirect loop on a server when the folder permissions (content, thumbs etc.) were not correct. User accounts were existing already.

@iksi Could you please post this as an issue in the Panel repository? Please also include information about your setup and how exactly you are redirected.

My bad: managed to mix a 2.1 and 2.2 panel folder. So an issue won’t be posted : )

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

This feature also bugs me a bit, because the order you set is among the sibling pages of the one you are editing. And these siblings are not displayed.
It becomes obvious when you install the Starterkit, because both the site and the projects page contain the same number of subpages. In the screenshot below, you would think the highlighted numbers are related, in fact they have nothing to do with each other.

Also you have no way to view the result of your action: no page names, no before/after preview, just abstract numbers. I doubt any editor will remember all the parent pages and their order.

Edit: perhaps adding options to move the page to first or last position could be useful? It’s the same as 1 and 3 here, I know, just a bit more obvious.

Edit 2: when sort: flip is used, would it be a bit easier if the list was also reversed in the menu?

No, the order you set is for the page you are currently editing, the pages in the sidebar are the children, so of course the numbers are not related.

But you are right when you say the numbers alone are abstract, it would be good to see the uid of the pages as well.

True. What I wanted to mean was actually that the order is used to sort the page among parent pages. I modified my post to avoid confusion.

I would call it the “sibling pages” of the one you are editing…

1 Like

I agree that the new page UID should be displayed as well, but “First” and “Last” is confusing IMHO. 1 and 3 are exactly that, so it’s duplicated.

But the numbers in the select dropdown refer to the position the page, which is edited, will have afterwards. So you can’t really display UIDs of the sibling pages next to them, cause the select number don’t represent them.

Yes, but at the time you select it, the position of the pages are the current positions.

Edit: or at least could represent the current order of pages.

Is there an option to define the width of a column? I’ve tried

width: 1/2
width: 30%

Both doesn’t seem to work.

http://getkirby.com/docs/panel/blueprints/form-fields#creating-grids

Just realized that this has never made it to the docs: There are also some more width options:

1/2
1/3
2/3
1/4
2/4
3/4
1/5
2/5
3/5
4/5
2 Likes

I have added the additional column widths to the documentation.

2 Likes

Na, these I know :wink: I mean the columns in the new table view for structured field content.

We could display visible pages as disabled items:

It makes the menu much longer though.
A standard select is perhaps not the most user-friendly way to achieve manual sorting.