How to set a user preview image

Hi. I’m trying to set a user’s preview image to be an image from a files section (called image) and I’ve already seen multiple threads of people asking this question, and managing to make it work but only for pages. Making a model for my user template doesn’t seem to work, neither does using a query as the image/icon source.

I’ve tried:

• making a model for my user template, then using the field I get from the model as the query, doesn’t work. Default icon persists;
  • straight up querying the image section in the image: settings, doesn’t work, panel complains: “array_merge(): Argument #3 must be of type array, string given”:
image: page.image.toFile

if I put it in a query:, nothing happens as well, default icon persists;

• making the section into a field and querying that, also doesn’t do anything. The default icon shows up.

Is there anything I’m missing? Is it possible to make a user’s preview image a custom image? Taking a look at the source code, it seems like this should be possible but either the query just doesn’t actually work or I’m missing something. I want to be able to see the profile image of each user, as I’ll be querying users in custom blocks.

My user blueprint profile.yml:

title: Team member

image:
  query: page.image.toFile
  color: "var(--color-white)"
  back: "var(--color-gray-100)"

permissions:
  access:
    panel: false

columns:
  - width: 1/3
    sections:
      image:
        label: Profile picture
        type: files
        layout: cards
        max: 1
        multiple: false
  - width: 2/3
    fields:
      firstName:
        width: 1/2
        label: First Name
        type: text
      lastName:
        width: 1/2
        label: Last name
        type: text

The model profile.php I tried:

<?php

class Profile extends Page {
  public function previewImage() {
    return $this->content()->get('image')->toFile() ?? $this->image();
  }
}

A page model refers to a page, not a user.

This would fetch a field of that name, but you are using a section

Switching the section to a field and querying user.image worked.