Which hosting services are recommended for a new Kirby website? Does Microsoft Office (OneDrive) works? Thanks!
One Drive is not a web hosting platform, but a storage platform.
So you need a web hosting provider.
There is a topic with recommendations here: Hosting Configuration + Provider Recommendation?. But basically any webhosting service that fullfille the requirements can be used
Thanks for the fast response! But can we use Microsoft Azure or Microsoft 365 as web hosting provider?
It is possible to run PHP apps and CMS systems on Azure.
Microsoft 365 is a productivity suite - it wont be of use here.
I would however strongly reccomend using a host that specialises in PHP and Apache or NGINX servers.
Which hosts would you recommend?
I am testing out Kirby at Hostinger and it works fine. I am just starting out with Kirby and so far I am amazed with the performance.
@JKF123 My personal favourite is https://krystal.io/
Fortrabbit https://www.fortrabbit.com/
and
Uberspace Uberspace - Hosting on Asteroids
are other good choices.
I can always recommend Lima-City:
They have excellent prices and service. And even on the smallest instance I am running more complex Kirby websites without any problems so far.
HI, is you Kirby on Hostinger and works well?
Instead of pitching my own service over and over, let me try a different angle. I recently created FindHost.app. Where you can filter on your own terms. I see currently only two hosting providers advertise themselves for Kirby CMS, you can also filter for stack (PHP) or category (PaaS/Cloud, VPS, Shared) and of course region and what not:
Hi there,
Quick share here:
- Uberspace is a breeze ! Great for small website with not much performance need.
- Infomaniak works pretty well and can evolve with better performance if needed with their managed cloud solution. You can also activate Redis with one click which is quiet nice. But if you plan to use Bunny CDN along to protect your website from bots, ddos, and other attacks, just know that today Infomaniak has blocked Bunny… This has caused us major downtime and it happened without any warning. (They then redirected us to Cloudflare, which is US-based and not aligned with our engagement to use only EU-services)
- so we switched to Hostinger and it’s working well so far (and well with Bunny). The control panel is pretty crowded with lots of AI stuff we don’t need but still it’s working fast and stable. Many advanced settings to change php version, install extensions, monitor resources…
And I also tried Scaleway managed hosting solution but you can’t `rsync` or even use `composer` on the remote. So was pretty useless with my setup (deployment with git for code and rsync for content)
Hope it helps ![]()