Folder and template organisation confusion

I did not expect so many replies. I must admit I kind of jumped in a bit with a critical perspective, so appreciate the calm replies. I guess I feel too entitled to an opinion as I get involved in projects I use, helping a lot and with occasional contributions. It also makes me determine to make the switch to a system that will fit (I’ve already done too much switching).

I don’t agree with you here. “Blueprint” in its meaning of “model”, is a fitting term here. It is neither a collection, nor data or metadata, but a model for a page form in the Panel. Check out the blueprint docs if you like. In fact, Grav uses the same term. And I guess, I could find other CMS that call partials snippets (Yellow, Feindura).

Fair enough. It’s one of the oddest CMS / development terms I’ve seen since first coming across Drupal’s taxonomy. Thank you for model, that means so much more to me. I think that word clarifies what blueprints are. Maybe I willl just be obstanant and continually refer to them as models…

Although this is the only bit I’ve quoted, a lot of interesting things were said in the other posts. Too many to know what to do with. Thanks to those that posted alternative folder organisation. About the ‘why not stick with Drupal’, that was two systems ago. It would be my choice for a large project but I want to focus on small business websites and a model that will provide content control wiithout bloat, with easy styling and easy duplication to keep costs down.

Off-topic, I actuually only tried Kirby because I couldn’t get Grav admin panel to work on my Linux localhost. It was a post relating to Kirby that had the solution, so decide to give it a try. The initial appeal was the functional but simple admin panel that was an integrated part of the system.

I also don’t quite get Twig in the PHP world. PHP + HTML, and with MVC if preferred, seems to be fine.

I am not a markdown fan for HTML web content though. It think it looks horrible to non techy clients, but there’s no easy way out of that where static or flat file systems are concerned. Short term I’m looking at ways so content editors won’t need markdown. Longer-term i’m going to look at a plugin.