Enhanced Toolbar Link Dialog - A plugin to handle internal links

me too :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Is the plugin limited to that? If so, it would be interesting to provide this functionality everywhere the core link dialog is used (would also help shortening the name :wink:).

1 Like

That is a good question… extend the k-toolbar-link-dialog. If this the one and only component which provides the link dialog, it should work everywhere. I’m not aware of any other Link-Dialogs.

Maybe @texnixe can provide some insights?

While saying that how about enhanced-toolbar-link-dialog or better-toolbar-link-dialog?

Why is it better? Because it’s enhanced:
enhanced-toolbar-link-dialog :+1:

1 Like

AMAZING!! This was the wish for a core feature :smiley:

But wouldn’t it make sense to make it exactly like the default page dialog? Currently there are all pages included. Not Level 1 -> Level 2 …

Current:

Original:

1 Like

:smiley:

Okay, I’ll rename this plugin to: enhanced-toolbar-link-dialog.

@Oli1 I figured the same but was a bit lazy. I’ll put that on the roadmap, okay?

Sure :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for all your input. The package is now renamed to Enhanced Toolbar Link Dialog.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @gearsdigital! :raised_hands:
Just came from this repo to upvote for a pagelink-button as a core-feature and then found Your plugin!

1 Like

You’re very welcome… I’ll ship an small update within the next days with a couple of improvements.

1 Like

I’ve released Version 1.2.0 yesterday. This release improves the general behaviour of Enhanced Toolbar Link Dialog.

Urls are now built from the page slug which respects multi-language site setups. Another major improvement is that all links are now absolute Urls, without protocoll and domain. This will help to maintain your content locally without the fear to break something in production.

Changelog

• add link as absolute URL without protocol and domain (#2)
  • show empty state if no pages were found (#4)
2 Likes

Good morning and thanks for the update! =)
Unfortunately links to subpages don’t work now.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting @Cris! I’ll have a look on that…

@Cris, I pushed version 1.2.1 which addresses your issue.

3 Likes

Now, that was quick!
This plugin is super useful - so many thanks again for taking the time to develop and sharing it!
Have a nice Sunday! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sure thing! Have a nice sunday too… :slight_smile:

@gearsdigital Is there a setting to filter pages that appear in the page picker?

1 Like

Not yet. What could be the use case for that? Maybe to list only subpages of the page which the textarea belongs to?

It be also a good idea to have a files tab. That would allow to link to assets.

In a current project, I have pages that only serve as navigation links but are not accessible itself. They should not be part of a list of pages you can link to, because they go to the error page. I’ve temporarily fixed this by filtering $pagedCollection in index.php for now.

Have you seen the issue I created on GitHub? (Yes, you have) Any quick fix for that?