Editor plugin – where to add different classes to images?

No, that shouldn’t be the issue. 7.4 is the current version and I’m using it myself.

Make sure to also remove the Editor plugin in case that’s also installed.

This is the config file, if that helps

No, that looks ok, but install => true should always be removed after installing.

But I have no idea what could be the issue. Let’s see if there is help in the blocks issues on GitHub.

Thanks for your time on a Sunday!

I’m uploading the kirby folder again now, maybe some file got corrupted during the upload

Hm, I can’t find such an issue on GitHub and I bet it would have been reported by now.

Don’t you have a local dev setup? Developing on a remote server is a pain.

:confused:
Yeah, I should use a local setup. I was working with MAMP back when macOS hasn’t had a server yet and it was a pain in the a**, and I just kept working remote since then.

A fresh install of the kirby folder hasn’t worked either. I guess I’ll stick with the builder plugin :confused:

There are so many options, MAMP is not the only one. You can use PHP’s built-in server with php -S localhost:8000 kirby/router.php or any of the options mentioned here: https://getkirby.com/docs/cookbook/setup/development-environment (the list is far from complete…)

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! :smiley:

I’m not sure that the builder plugin is still under development. So you should keep that in mind.

We had originally planned to incorporate the Builder field into Kirby, but now the Blocks and Layout fields will replace both the Editor and the Builder.

Yeah, the blocks field looks really useful!

Should I try to delete the WHOLE installation, meaning not only updating the kirby folder but also deleting all the other folders? (site, assets, content)

What you could try before you delete all your stuff is download a fresh Starterkit or Plainkit, put in the Kirby alpha folder and test in that installation. That way you make sure that none of your stuff interferes.

1 Like

Ok, so I remotely installed a fresh plainkit including the latest blocks-kirby folder plus a stripped down blueprint and unfortunately the blocks dropdown is still empty. :man_shrugging:

Maybe try locally then. Have you checked your browser console for any errors?

1 Like

Starterkit doesn’t work either. Anyways, I’m going to try a local installation.
It’s really weird, because it’s just a plain, fresh installation with no custom files.

No console errors.

So, I

• downloaded the latest MAMP (Mac, Apache)
• downloaded the latest Starterkit (today’s)
• downloaded the latest Blocks package (today’s)
• am using PHP 7.4.9
• created a blank blueprint.yml with only a title + the blocks basic usage lines in it

and tried a local installation to no avail.

Sorry to ask, but are you sure, there are no bugs in the latest version (downloadable here: https://github.com/getkirby/kirby/archive/feature/blocks.zip)?

It works whenever there’s only one block option available. Also, when editing a pages field block I’m getting the following error:

Also this:

All the files are there though, I just copy and pasted the downloaded blocks folder

No, I’m not sure, I can report that it works in my installation and have no idea what could be causing this and don’t know how to debug. Maybe just file an issue on GitHub.

1 Like