Different versions of example and empty web

It seems to me that i have different basic-files in these both packets.
For example i miss a “<” in

\kirby\dependencies\parsedown-extra\ParsedownExtra.php

Please be more specific what you are comparing?

I have set up both of your zips;
now i try to understand your system, while the docs doesnt help me so much.
While comparing both webs with “beyond compare” i find a lot of differences in your files.

Another example:

\site\snippets\footer.php

1:

<?= js([
    'assets/js/prism.js',
    'assets/js/lightbox.js',
    'assets/js/index.js',
    '@auto'
  ]) ?>

</body>
</html>

2:

<?= js([
    'assets/js/prism.js',
    'assets/js/lightbox.js',
    'assets/js/index.js',
    '@auto'
  ]) ?>
</div>
</body>
</html>

You maybe want to try all your downloads for yourself!
It seems you offer different versions.

Maybe it would be also nice to give stupid people like me better docs.
There are too many places, where infos are missing (about which file we talk now?)

Also the way of learning with this docs (and comparing your both zips) seems a hard way for me.
It is somehow a try and error. What happens, when i change something here or there …?

Your demo-site is somehow nice, but maybe you want to offer a complete doc how you have done it.
For now this is really hard to learn (for me), and i am not shure if i want to spend two or more weeks to understand small things that are clear (after i found out how in fife or fifty minutes).

I have to build a wordpress page now with Kirby, means i dont have to care for pictures and text at the moment, but i am afraid it will take weeks instead of two days to do that.

And then a system is maybe not the right one for me, if i need so much time.
In the same time i can rewrite an old perl-script with some blocks and have the same like here, but with static pages. No offense ment, but for an average idiot like me, it is really hard to go on with that story here.

Please post the links of the downloads you are comparing, I don’t understand what “the two webs” or “two zips” are.

Also, if you let us know what background you have in web design/web development, it might be easier to point you to the documentation to start with.

Web means that i have uploaded files to a virtual host, that i can call in my browser with something like kirby.local (or whatever)

Zip means you packed downloadable files.

There are two ways to download: One is the offer “getKirby” and another one was after paying the license.

The easiest way to compare (for me) is to extract to dir1 and dir2 and use Beyond Compare or something equal to compare the files.

As written there are some places where the code is not the same, two examples are above.

What I was expecting as an answer was the two actual links that do not return the same version of Kirby, so that we can fix this is this is the case.

I just compared the Starterkit from https://download.getkirby.com with what you get when you donwload the Starterkit from our try page: Try | Kirby CMS and they are exactly the same, in fact, https://download.getkirby.com points to the same source on GitHub.

Maybe you downloaded at different times, when a new version was just out or so.

Yes, thats possible, if you have changed that in the last days.