Delete images from files field

Hi -
I’m wondering if it’s still possible to delete images from within the panel? It seems that once an image is uploaded it’s permanently attached to the page, and I can only select or deselect it?

This is my blueprint:

Sort of. You can delete the image via the file view when you click on it while it is selected. The other alternative is to add a files section.

I see - I think it would be useful if they could delete directly from the file list on the page – have a client who was confused about this and have to admit it wasn’t obvious for me either.

Next question - is there a way to add a files section in a column view like this? When I add a files section to the top of the blueprint it removes the columns entirely:

1 Like

If you put the fields in your sidebar columns into a section, you can add a files section underneath.

Please to try to avoid sending code screenshots. We can’t copy from that. Copy code here as code blocks.

Sorry -
I tried this:

title: Work
options: 
  changeSlug: true
  changeStatus: true
  changeTemplate: false
  changeTitle: true
  duplicate: false
  delete: true
  preview: true
columns:
  - width: 2/3
    fields:
      text:
        label: Text (EN)
        type: textarea
      textkr:
        label: Text (KR)

- width: 1/3
    sections:
      files: true
      fields:
        metadat:
          label: Metadata
          type: text
        files:
          type: files
          sortable: true
        vidembed:
          label: Video Embed

…but now I’m getting this error in the panel:

As I said, you have to put the fields into a fields section to make this work because you cannot otherwise mix fields and sections:

title: Work
options: 
  changeSlug: true
  changeStatus: true
  changeTemplate: false
  changeTitle: true
  duplicate: false
  delete: true
  preview: true
columns:
    fields:
      text:
        label: Text (EN)
      textkr:
        label: Text (KR)

- width: 1/3
    sections:
      files: true
      fields:
        fields:
          metadat:
            label: Metadata
          files:
            type: files
            sortable: true
          vidembed:
            label: Video Embed

On a side note, you don’t have to set all these options but it would be enough to set only the ones that should be different from the default setting. All options default to true, except the changeTemplate option which defaults to false (unless you do this on purpose, of course).

Thanks texnie –
I guess I’m not understanding why we need “fields” to be repeated on lines 23 and 24.
And I assume there’s no way to mix and match the files and fields entries? Eg. there isn’t a way to add the global file picker between text input fields?
Thanks again for your help

Yes, you can do that, but then you have to put each text field into its own field section and put the files section in between, for example:

columns:
    sections:
      fields1: # first fields section
        type: fields
        fields:
          text:
            label: Text EN
      files: true # files section
      fields2: # second fields section
        type: fields
        fields:
          textkr:
            label: Text KR

It is not possible to mix fields and sections without putting the fields into sections.