Can't Upload Files on Homepage

I downloaded the kirby 3 starterkit and am trying to make it so I can upload images directly to the homepage. My blueprint is set up like the following:

title: Home
icon: 🏠

options:

fields:
  title:
    label: Title
    type:  text

intro:
    label: Intro
    type:  textarea

text:
    label: Text
    type:  textarea

gallery1:
    label: Slideshow
    type: files
    max: 5

gallery2:
    label: Slideshow Overlay
    type: files
    max: 5

However, it won’t let me add files, only select. I’m sure I’m missing something simple but am new to Kirby 3.

—K

If you click on the field’s grey-placeholder-box only the select dialog will appear, but if you click on the top-right “Select” button of the field you should have the option to upload a file.
Doesn’t it show?

No. It just says select files. There’s no add option.

Are you sure that you don’t get a selection to choose from when you click the “+ Select” button on the very right of your screen: either select an existing file (no 1) or upload a new one? I tried your blueprint and it works fine for me. Tested with latest Kirby 3 release:

grafik

I just noticed that it’s called “+ Add” on my screen with a select option. Yours is just called select. Which Kirby 3 release do you run?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response.
No, I don’t get any of that when I use my blueprint on my homepage. I get the screenshot I posted above.

I’m currently using Kirby 3.1.4

The upload function for files fields was introduced in Kirby 3.2, so it is not available in Kirby 3.1.4. If you want to use this feature, you will have to update.

Otherwise, you need a files section to upload files.

Alright. Thank you. Is updating the same as with Kirby 2?

It’s a matter of replacing the Kirby folder (there is no separate Panel folder anymore):

After updating, delete all session files from /site/sessions and all files and folders from the media folder.