Blueprints for pages without URL possible?

Hello

I am trying to figure out how to structure the control panel for my project.
I would like to have about 15 different blueprints for pages. Most of these pages should not have a view/url on its own and are just kind of objects related to other pages. Also there should just be 5 different types of “overview Blueprints” which i could also use to organize subpages.
Now I have 2 Questions:

1. Is it possible to habe pages without having a preview Button and without blocking URLs when added.
  2. Since there are only a few overview pages but a lot of different page blueprints, whats the best way to have separate blueprints with separate extended list/add sections? I tried to use the site.yml with tabs but this way of organization quickly reached it limits.

Hi!

1. Pages are always publicly accessible (unless they are still in draft status), if they are not supposed to be accessible via URL, they need to be blocked via a route.

2. Each overview blueprint (lets say blog, projects etc), can define their own pages sections with allowed blueprints for that subpage, see for example the Starterkit, where you have a notes page with subpages that use the blueprint note, and a photography page with subpages album. In this example, subpages have only a single blueprint, but could allow multiple.

The 5 overview pages could be show in the site.yml.

Thank your for the quick reply.
Today I also found this thread that seems to describe the same issue: Disable public URL for pages
I think i found a solution for my project now, but it feels a little bit hacky to me.

In most of our projects we have resources that have no specific independent URL an get reused on different pages (e.g. contact cards, events, tickets, external links, …). Also when thinking about a headless setup where resources can have different routes dependent on the application they get required by (Website, App, …) the described solution maybe does not scale very well.

Do you know about plans to add a feature related to this topic? Since in the other thread you said:

there is no container concept (yet)

If not, what would be the recommended way to make a feature request? Github issues or should i use https://kirby.nolt.io/?
Or maybe do you know about an existing feature request? I just found this request that seemed somehow related Kirby Builder: Global / Reusable Blocks#132

This!

I was pretty sure there was already a feature request for this, but cannot find it atm.

The easiest way to implement a way that scales would be a toggle field in the page blueprint together with a catch-all route. If the toggle is set to true, the route goes to the error page, otherwise renders the page. Alternatively, combine this with a redirect field.

There’s also this plugin: Modules | Kirby CMS

In the long run, we are planning to bring this concept to the core, but I can’t tell when this will happen.

Thanks again. I opened a feature suggestion Reusable resources like pages without URL