BlocksField : add block with specific content, page created already

Hi there,

i am trying to accomplish the following: I’d like to provide several textarea blocks with prepolutated content as a kind of “content template”. Ideally these blocks appear in a group and can be selected from there (BlocksSelector):

The problems i faced already:

• even though all 4-8 textarea-with-template-content blocks are technically textarea-blocks with given content they cannot be declared as such as the fieldset only accepts unique keys which leads to different block types which might cause migration issues in future
  • using to default property to propagate content doesn’t work as the page has been created already.

I thought about creating a “special block” which technically pastes the new block as done when copy&paste an existing block as this grabs it’s content, too. As these functionality is deeply integrated into the BlocksField component i am wondering if there is any other “easier” path to follow.

Best, Thomas E.-E.

Hm, currently the only idea that comes to mind would be a custom block type with several buttons or so that allow copying given text templates to the clipboard so that they can be inserted into the textfield.