Adding charts to a Kirby site

Has anybody got any advice on adding charts, ideally by using a spreadsheet as the source data. Basically id like the client to be able to upload a spreadsheet to the page, then use a kirby tag to generate the chart within an article body text. Ive looked through the forum, and googled and hunted for a plugin but there doesnt seem to be anything.

Has anyone done this? can you share some knowledge?

I’ve done simple charts in a project using Chart.js in the past, but from data in the text files, not from Excel files via Kirbytag.

an alternative for charts.js has been

https://gionkunz.github.io/chartist-js/index.html

but it’s been some time since i used it. another way would use google charts…

it seems there are some reader and writers for excel already such as, but never used something like that.

i could imagine that your client could also export their data as CSV or any other file standard if that makes things easier for you.

I looked at chart.js but it i need it to be as painless as possible. It is a really nice script though.

@texnixe my best idea so far is to fork your excel to html table plugin to add data attributes used by highcharts, since that can turn a html table into a chart. if you don’t mind of course :slight_smile: