500 error deployment

Hello,

I’m deploying my site to a whitelabeldomein.nl server and only getting 500 errors. I already tested it on a fortrabbit server and it works fine. I updated to the latest version of PHP…htaccess file is there. When I upload a index.html file it works. I can’t find the error logs.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Hi again,

I realised perhaps its because I’m deploying the site to a sub-domain (incase it doesn’t work). But do I need to edit the htaccess file in this case?

A subdomain wont make any difference, will work fine wiith the default htaccess

does the whitelabledomain server meet the system requirements Get up and running | Kirby CMS

If it works on Fortrabbit, why switch? thats a good host.

Thank you. The site is for a client and I’m deploying it to her exisitng domain. Seems like the server meets all of the requirements. I found the error logs and here it is:

Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “Whoops\Handler\PrettyPageHandler” not found in /home/hadassahem/domains/newsite.hadassahemmerich.com/public_html/kirby/src/Cms/AppErrors.php:77\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/hadassahem/domains/newsite.hadassahemmerich.com/public_html/kirby/src/Cms/AppErrors.php(63): Kirby\Cms\App->handleHtmlErrors()\n#1 /home/hadassahem/domains/newsite.hadassahemmerich.com/public_html/kirby/src/Cms/App.php(109): Kirby\Cms\App->handleErrors()\n#2 /home/hadassahem/domains/newsite.hadassahemmerich.com/public_html/index.php(5): Kirby\Cms\App->__construct()\n#3 {main}\n thrown in /home/hadassahem/domains/newsite.hadassahemmerich.com/public_html/kirby/src/Cms/AppErrors.php on line 77\n

That sounds like not all files have been properly uploaded.
Can you check that kirby/vendor isn’t empty. Or specifically kirby/vendor/flip/whoops?

This was indeed the problem. I went over the disk space limit and some of the files were not transfered. it works now! Thank you!

1 Like