Working on a blueprint in empty Kirby - Can't understand the Logic?

Hello, in my blueprint I have added on after another three type:files, called files, images and imagetest.
Each does the same. Adds an uploadfield to the Panel
After uploading some files, I renamed my selfcreated names like files > datafiles and the files arent anymore displayed on the panel, but they all are files. I don’t understand from where my uploaded files does know that they are uploaded with the name “files” in blueprint and not with name “datafiles”? Is this stored anywhere? So all files are grouped by their name in panel.

The next thing is for uploading the images there exist a default.yml in site/blueprints/files. This is used instead of template:image. How ca I use the image.yml in site/blueprints/files? I thought “template” will do it.

title: testyear
columns:
  main:
    width: 1/1
sections:

pages:
        type: pages
        template: testyear  # define what template childsites are using
        layout: list

content:
    type: fields
    fields:
        headline:
        label: Headline
        type: text

files:
        type: files
        layout: cards
        template: image
        info: "{{ file.dimensions }}"
        image:
          ratio: 5/4
          cover: true
        min: 1
        size: small

image:

imagestest:
        image:

The blueprint you posted here looks pretty messed up. But from what I can see, files, imagesand imagetest are files fields. These are specialized select fields that store the selected files in the content text file. So if you rename your fields in the blueprint, the filled fields from the content files cannot be found anymore. If you rename fields in your blueprint, you need to rename them in the existing content files as well.

Hallo Sonja, I can’t find any contentfile (txt) with this information. Thats what made me wonder.

That would be weird. Your screenshot shows the filled fields after all, so the content must have existed at one point, and a files field and a files section (only upload without selection) also have different icons:

Maybe the content was deleted.

The important lesson is: If you rename a field in a blueprint, make sure to also rename it in the content file.

Found! In txt-file of the page…

On a side note: A files field does not have a template property. The template is assigned via the uploads property: Files | Kirby CMS