While working on one of my latest projects, I stumbled across an amazing markdown editor “MirrorMark” based on CodeMirror. As I really like the style and the highlighting, I decided to port it over to Kirby and make a panel extension out of it. With this brief explanation in place, let me introduce you to:
Visual Markdown Editor
This Panel field plugin for Kirby 2 enables you to use an intuitive and visual markdown editor without any hazzle. Just drop in the plugin and you’re good to go!
- Extensive markdown syntax highlighting
- Convenient toolbar including the most used markdown features
- Multiple cursors / selections support
- Help links to support users unfamiliar with markdown
- Fully compatible with existing content & templates
- Distraction-free fullscreen mode
Check it out on GitHub! You can find all further setup instructions there.
As always, let me know what you think about it. Every constructive feedback is very welcome and I’m more then happy to optimize and extend the extension based on your feedback!