Too many / large images breaks panel

Panel is behaving inconsistently.
When I try to upload a large image, it either does not upload and gives an error. For very large images (10mb+) I get “File is missing” and for anything between 2-10mb I get “Too big” (even though the blueprint filesize limit is 50mb).

Or it does upload (file is moved to /content/ folder) and all the fields on the right hand side disappear, and the other files fail to load.

When I upload a couple dozen images (just for testing, to find the problem) it alternates between an HTTP error 500 and a php memory error:

Any ideas?

SOLVED

The problem was with the server PHP settings. I used
<?= ini_get('upload_max_filesize') ?> to see what the server upload limit was (2M which was too low). I then uploaded a new php.ini to my server with these settings:

memory_limit = 128M
upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M

From what I read, placing it in the root would overwrite the existing php.ini which you can check by running <? phpinfo() ?>. It did show that the new php.ini was loading but it didn’t solve the problem. When I placed it in the /panel/ folder it did work.

Well, I’m glad that it works now, but I don’t think you should place any files into the /panel folder.