Split Menu possible?

I want to use a great website template that uses a normal ul menu but splits in 2 parts and positions the logo in the middle of the menu via css. It does so by using class=“break” on the menu item after the logo. In the example there are 4 menu items and the third one has the class=“break”. Is something like this possible without having to hand-build the menu by myself?

Yes, you could use a counter that if it reaches a certain number, you add the class. If you want to automate this, count the number of element in the collection ($noOfPage=$pages->count()) and if the counter reaches $noOfPages/2 +1, add the class.

How do you build the menu at the moment?

I guess it would be possible with a foreach loop and an incrementing counter to check when to add the break.

<?php var $i = 0; ?>
<nav>
  <ul>
    <?php foreach($pages as $item): ?>
    <?php $i++ ?>
    <li <?php e($i == 3, 'class="break"') ?>><a<?php e($item->isOpen(), ' class="active"') ?> href="<?php echo $item->url() ?>"><?php echo $item->title()->html() ?></a></li>
    <?php endforeach ?>
  </ul>
</nav>

I am currently using this for the menu:

<?php foreach($pages->visible()  as $p): ?>
    <li>
      <a <?php e($p->isOpen(), ' class="active"') ?> href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html($
        <?php if($p->hasVisibleChildren()): ?>
          <ul class="submenu">
            <?php foreach($p->children()->visible() as $p): ?>
            <li>
              <a href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html() ?></a>
            </li>
          <?php endforeach ?>
        </ul>
      <?php endif ?>
    </li>
<?php endforeach ?>

Something like this should work:

<?php
    $noOfPages = ceil($pages->visible()->count()/2);
    $count=0;
?>
<?php foreach($pages->visible()  as $p): ?>
    <li <?php  e($count == $noOfPages, ' class="break"') ?>>
      <a <?php e($p->isOpen(), ' class="active"') ?> href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html() ?></a>
        <?php if($p->hasVisibleChildren()): ?>
          <ul class="submenu">
            <?php foreach($p->children()->visible() as $p): ?>
            <li>
              <a href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html() ?></a>
            </li>
          <?php endforeach ?>
        </ul>
      <?php endif ?>
    </li>
<?php $count++; endforeach ?>

Edit: I edited the code above to make it work even if the number of pages is odd.

Thanks, but i think you are missing something in this line:

<a <?php e($p->isOpen(), ' class="active"') ?> href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html($
which results in this error message:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting variable (T_VARIABLE) or '$' in site/snippets/menu.php on line 11" while reading response header from upstream,

Yes, I just copied the line form your code, but it is faulty:

So this:

should be corrected to:

<a <?php e($p->isOpen(), ' class="active"') ?> href="<?php echo $p->url() ?>"><?php echo $p->title()->html() ?></a>