Spit HTML base on conditions

Hello.
I have a snippet that fetches all the grandChildren of a specified page. What I want to do now is to output HTML tags depending on the grand child’s parent.

This is what my pages looks like:

MENU

• Burgers

• Burger 1
    • Burger 2
  • Sides

• Sides 1
    • Sides 2

So my current snippet fetches all the grandChildren of Menu page. I need to output for example DIV tag if the parent is Burgers, else I would output SECTION if parent is Sides.

Of course I can achieve this with separate snippets but would like to do it in one snippet only.

Appreciate the help. Thank you.

Of course this can be done with an if - else statement, but I’m wondering what your reasoning for this different markup is?

Yes, if statement already comes to my mind but I have very limited PHP knowledge.
The examples I gave for spitting DIV and SECTION was just an example. What I really want to achieve is to spit different options base on the parent.

For the Burgers, i have a separate blueprint which has more fields. Same with the Sides, I have a blueprint with specific fields for it as well.

I’d then create two different snippets named like the uid of the parent, for example burgers.php and sides.php (provided the UID of these pages cannot be changed, otherwise use a readonly field that cannot be changed), then in your loop:

foreach(page('menu')->grandchildren() as $child):
  snippet($child->parent()->uid(), ['page' => $child]);
endforeach

I think that results in cleaner code than:

foreach(page('menu')->grandchildren() as $child):
  //as above, this will only work if the uid of the burger parent doesn't change
  // otherwise use the value of a readonly field 
  if($child->parent()->uid() == 'burger'):
     // your burger child html
  else:
    // your sides child html
  endif
endforeach

Always helpful. Thanks you sir!