Spam at Contact Form

hey everyone,
I made a contact form with the instructions (Email contact form | Kirby CMS). Unfortunately, I receive a lot of spam messages via the form. Is there a way to add a captcha?

Yes, but you would have to implement it yourself.

Alternative: Use the Uniform plugin, which comes with several types of captcha and there is also a plugin which implements the Turnstyle captch:

Personally I like simple, self made traps for forms. Just adding an extra text field with a simple question (Surely bots will outsmart this with enough time, but my experience is great).

ie. add a text field asking “The capital of Germany (spam filter)” and a simple validation in the controller on the answer. Easier for both user and developer, and keeps spam away (in my experience).

I have built in additional protection and linked the captcha (calculation task) to the send button. This only appears (with Javascript) when the math problem has been solved. This means that the send button is not visible even if Javascript is deactivated.

I use this technology on various projects and have never received SPAM via the form. A honeypot field is also integrated.

However, I do not use Kirby’s internal technology to process the form data. But the topic here is also prevention.

1 Like