I’m having trouble getting 301 redirects to work as intended with Kirby. I’m trying to redirect www.arzt-bad-godesberg.de to arzt-bad-godesberg.de and likewise http:// to https://. While the https:// part works the www redirect doesn’t. I’m in touch with Mittwald support as I’m uncertain if it’s related to server config but their answers aren’t very helpful (they don’t even answer if mod_rewrite is active). I suspect Kirby as the predecessor was a static site hosted on the same server and redirects worked just fine.
However, here comes my structured report:
What happens instead?
- Redirect to https://arzt-bad-godesberg.dehome/www/p596789/html/mvz/:/arzt-bad-godesberg.de/index.php
Steps to reproduce?
- None, redirects switched off at this time because site is already live
What have you already tried to solve the problem?
- setting the redirect in the customer service panel instead of .htaccess
RewriteBase /on and off
- switching back to the old installation and set the same redirects there (works fine)
- upgrade to PHP 7.4.
- rearrange the order of statements in .htaccess (www. before https and vice versa)
Any help or clue is much appreciated. Thanks in advane. This is my current .htaccess