Redirect subdomain to specific content folder

Hey guys,

maybe some of you just did something like that, I’m not 100% sure if it will work: is it possible to redirect a subdomain to a specific page of kirby? So, here’s the case: a client has several business partners. He wants a website which can be adopted by the business partners, with there individual links and logos. So the idea was to have something like “business-a.client.com”, “business-b.client.com”, where text and images are basically the same, but just with individual logos and contact data.

Now i thought of just one kirby installation, and automatically point (not redirect – that’s important) “buisness-a.client.com” to “client.com/business-a” – should be possible, right? Or am I missing something? The business partners don’t need to edit their stuff, so there’s no problem with user roles etc.

And one further question – it is currently not possible with the build method in the panel to build content, is it?

And I also need one kirby license for each of the subdomains, right? Or is it one installation, so only one license? @bastianallgeier ?

Thanks for helping me guys,
Jakob

http://getkirby.com/support

Can I run additional websites with a single license?
No. A license is valid for a single Kirby installation, running on a single domain. If you plan to add additional installations (i.e. under additional subdomains or subfolders) you need to purchase licenses for each of those installations.