Panel message alert "The file is missing"

Hello, I’m having weird alert message “The file is missing” inside Panel after I try to upload any of pdf file to specific field. It is very strange because the project has been launched two months ago and pdf upload was working well.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t quite understand. When exactly does this happen? After clicking on add file and then trying to upload? I don’t see how a field comes in in this context…

Hi @texnixe yes exactly! It happens if I drag-&-drop the pdf file in to the panel or if I use add file button. After the file finishes uploading it gives me the red message:

and the file doesn’t show up inside files section…

Update 1: I’ve triyed to upload different pdf sizes, as you can see in the picture theres 12 different pdf sizes:

• the green “success” message appears only for the first 6 files (1.2MB, 2.6MB, 3.3MB, 4.8MB, 5.8MB, 6.6MB)
  • no message when I try upload (7.7MB and 8.3MB) files
  • the red message “alert” appears for all last four files (9.3MB, 10MB, 11.5MB, 12,3MB)

:man_shrugging:

If it wasn’t for the no message uploads, I’d say there is some restriction on the server that prevents you from uploading files beyond a certain file size (see upload_max_filezise, max_post_size, max_execution_time settings, etc.). But no message is weird… I’d start with checking those.

What happens if you FTP the files instead of using the panel? Just trying to rule out Kirby. if they FTP ok then theres potentially a PHP or some other server limit thats stopping Kirby writing the files.

You could also build a simple upload form and test with that:

Example:

file-upload.php form

<html>
<body>

<form action="upload.php" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
<label for="file">Filename:</label>
<input type="file" name="file" id="file" /> 
<br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>