Pages section without parent page

I have pages in my site root that show up in the panel as usual. I also want to have a different set of pages show up in a different section. I thought I can solve this with:

sections:
  seiten:
    type: pages
    label: Standardseiten
    create:
    templatesIgnore:
      - produkt
    image:
      cover: true
  produkte:
    type: pages
    label: Produktseiten
    templates:
      - produkt
    image:
      cover: true

It looks good in the panel but that causes a problem with the sorting mechanism where it lists all pages when changing the status.

Then I thought I could just add a subdirectory in the /content directory and put the other set of pages there but this will show up as a (unlisted) member of the standard pages. What’s the best way to have a specific set of pages with their own sorting level but also without parent page (so it doesn’t show up in the regular page list)?

Not sure that I understand the problem correctly. However, you cannot have different sorting schemes under the same parent.

In terms of file structure I’m thinking to have this:

- 1_page-1
- 2_page-2
- hidden parent
-- 1_child-page-1
-- 2_child-page-2

The pages each have their txt file/template but the hidden parent should only act as container for the child pages and shouldn’t be shown in the list of pages (and therefore doesn’t need a txt file). But that container is currently still shown in the page list. Does that make more sense?

Well, given that it has no text file, Kirby assumes default, and pages with a default template are show in your first section. So give that file a template/blueprint that you can then ignore.