default is the name of my subdirectory?

from the doc

you can use:

option: children

or

option: visibleChildren

Good luck!

1 Like

Okay doesnt work for my situation, I need the children of another subpage… With options: pages , it works but I searched for a list which shows me only the children of a special directory. So the customer cant choose wrong pages…

Just read a lil further on the referenced doc page:

label: Category
    type: select
    options: query
    query: 
      page: THEOTHERSUBPAGE
      fetch: children
      value: '{{uid}}'
      text: '{{title}}'
1 Like

thanks mate, my fault … used the wrong spelling

Can we still try to make this work using a custom page field? I prefer a proper autocompletion page field to a huge select field that pops down.

It shouldn’t be that difficult right? In the code for a page field, the input() method has a 'url' field, that we can perhaps rewrite?

public function input() {

$input = parent::input();
    $input->data(array(
      'field' => 'autocomplete',
      'url'   => panel()->urls()->api() . '/autocomplete/uris' //How to rewrite this?
    ));

return $input;

}
1 Like

Yes, this is indeed a problem! I’ve been trying to fix it too. I can’t see my users scrolling through 50+ pages in a selection menu :confused:

The URL panel()->urls()->api() . '/autocomplete/uris' points to this method. It doesn’t currently support any filtering and will return every page.

You can however register a route from your own field and your route can return a filtered set.

I see.

For this routing solution, can you give an example of an approach? I tried a bit but I am confused of how to “connect” the route to the custom pages field, so that it reads from the custom pages field and returns the filtered set.

Sure!

You can create a new field in site/fields/subpage/subpage.php with the following content:

<?php

class SubpageField extends PageField {

public function input() {

$input = parent::input();
    $input->data(array(
      'field' => 'autocomplete',
      'url'   => purl($this->model, 'field/' . $this->name . '/subpage/autocomplete/' . $this->parent())
    ));

return $input;

}

public function routes() {

return array(
      array(
        'pattern' => 'autocomplete/(:all)',
        'method'  => 'post',
        'action'  => function($parent) {
          $ids = page($parent)->children()->pluck('id');

return response::json(array('data' => $ids));
        }
      )
    );

}

}

You can then use this in your blueprint:

page:
  label: Page
  type: subpage
  parent: my/parent/page

Let me know if that works.

I have created a feature request issue on GitHub about integrating something like this into the core page field.

2 Likes

Thanks for your solution. It does filter my input on the parent folder, so that it only gives autocompletion suggestions when I start typing the name of that parent.

But what I would like is to be able to have autocompletion for the children in that parent folder. So let’s say I have a content structure like this, where I filter for pages in the projects folder:

content/projects/lorem
content/projects/ipsum
content/projects/dolor

Then I would like to be able to type “lor” to see the autocompletion lorem, instead of typing “projects/lor”.

1 Like

You could try setting default: projects/ so that projects is already typed in (not tested);
Or customize the code from @lukasbestle

Easiest way would be to replace pluck('id') with pluck('uid') in my code, but please note that only the UID will be stored then, so you need to use page('projects/' . $page->mypage()) in your template to get the parent back.

2 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks a lot, this is just what was needed! It will be super useful to put this in some way in the next Kirby update, or just have a plugin :slight_smile:

As I wrote, I added this as a feature request. We can’t promise if that will be in the next release though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is good for my actual project so thanks you !

Though it’s not working when the subpage field is inside a structure field.

Any idea why ?

Works for me in a structure field. What exactly does not work? No autocompletion?

Exactly, and just for info, I also change the code for " pluck(‘uid’) " like it’s indicate here, but this is not where the problem come from.

Have you tried to log in and out again? Also, clear your browser cache.

I always clear the browser cache, I now tried to log in and out, and also tried on another browser but it still not working.