Model not defined on page create in multi language setup

Hi,

I openend a GitHub issue concerning page->create() in multi language setup:

Can anyone confirm this bug? Is there a workaround for it?
I tried writing a custom create function but this would lead to a lot of code duplication from the Kirby core since the original function uses some protected methods inside the Page class.

Thank you,
Georg

0 Likes

What exactly is the undesired effect of this? What do you expect and what do you get instead?

0 Likes

The issue is that the page models are not applied that way.
My template is wrongly called myTemplateEnbut isset(static::$models[$template]) is looking for myTemplate. With that I’m not getting a MyTemplatePage object in return but a DefaultPage.

This leads to unwanted effects if I continue to work with the returned page. For instance if I do a $page->update() it will create a default.en.txt. file with the updated content next to the original file with the correct template.
Also $page->intendedTemplate() seems to refer to default instead of mytemplate.

Does this make sense?

0 Likes

I see the problem with the create method being unable to find the correct page model, but I can’t reproduce how that creates wrong text files.

0 Likes

I can be totally wrong, but AFAIK a model isn’t used for _creating _ pages? :thinking:

1 Like

Well, the model is not really used. for creating the page, but it is “assigned” to the page after creation. And I assume. that if you want to use a page model on the newly created page it would then fail.

1 Like

@georgobermayr Could you post the code that is failing?

0 Likes

Sorry, I did some more testing now: Turns out I can’t reproduce the issue either with the Plainkit.
As far as I can tell it seems to be related with a helper function we created that loads Page models from an array defined in a plugin. I don’t know how this is related but I think we can take debugging from here …
Thank you!

0 Likes