Kirby Ratings - Vote for a page with a 5 star scale

I use it on one of my live sites and one of the pages has 14 votes, another one has 12 votes so it works for me. I can’t tell why it does not work for you.

Some things you could try:

1. Install it on a fresh Kirby Starterkit
  2. Play around with the plugin code and try to see where it breaks for you.
  3. Figure out if it’s a js problem or a PHP problem, maybe even a css problem.

Sorry to not being able to help out much today.

Ok, i’ll try to debug it.

The site is online btw. try to vote under a article on https://blog.tecart.de

Svnt

I just voted on this page:

https://blog.tecart.de/tankred-schipanski-zum-thema-wirtschaft-und-digitalisierung-in-thueringen

I voted 2/5 and I could sucessfully vote and I lowered the avarage score from like 4.4 to 4.3, something like that. It seems to work from here.

(feel free to remove my vote of course)

Ok, thank you for the test. I’ll try to figure out what was the problem here.

Anyway… thx for the nice plugin, dude!

1 Like

hey there…
is there any chance of getting this plugin or similar to work with kirby 3?
We want to have subpages were logged-in users are able to rate those pages.
we have a subpage where projects are announced from time to time… and those need some sorting of prioritization by ignoring that some projects are longer public than others… so the idea was a ranking by using average of votings…

would it be difficult to use this plugin in kirby 3?

I’d love to see that, too! :slight_smile:

Thx… unless i oversaw something, both have only totalvotes. and we realy need an average of a range.

You’re right, at the moment it’s totalvote only,

I started working on a fivestar rating possibility for rate-page, the original idea of the plugin was to be able to use basic thumb up/down and the classic fivestar thing. I am currently testing it for my book reviews locally and may be able to release it soon or at least make a test version available via github.

I don’t know how long you can wait.

ah well… as fast as possible and as long as needed =)

If i can help/assist/beta-test, let me know!

btw… thx for your great work!

1 Like

Hey,

I just published a pre-release of the rating plugin with fivestars ratings:

I hacked the new options into the readme, so you should be able to set it up. Let me know if there are bugs/problems (best way is adding a github issue).

1 Like