Kirby Autobuster Plugin

This is an enhanced version of Bastian’s Cachebuster plugin, based on a tweaked version by @lukaskleinschmidt that removed the need to change the server config file.

The original plugin did not cache bust autoloaded Javascript & CSS. This one does!

This was originally achieved by @lukaskleinschmidt extending the cachebuster with an extra file that added busting to JavaScript.

I didn’t like having the extra file, which made the js component in the cachebuster redundenent. I have merged this into the cachebuster itself, removing the need for the extra component. I have also enhanced the CSS component in the cachebuster to add busting to autoloaded CSS files.

Special thanks to @texnixe for helping out with this.

2 Likes

… and they wouldn’t accept a PR?
I’ll have a look at your plugin, thanks for your effort so far, and maybe merge some of this into kirby-sri, if I might :slightly_smiling_face:

Trend of 2017-2018: Rewrite the Cachebuster plugin, or make something similar. :wink:

Well, thats me told. Didn’t realise there was so many similar plugins. I made mine to learn something, and at the time I couldn’t find one that did what I needed. (mine started out about 6 months ago). There is still a feature missing that I might add, and that is to modify the filename of the cachebusted file. (ie file.min.css).

@S1SYPHOS sure, do what you like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once apon a time, I made a plugin like that as well, but it was not as good as it should have been so I deprecated it. :slight_smile: In that post, there are some alternative ways to bust the cache as well.

Not to mention, kirby-sri has cachebusting, too :slight_smile:

1 Like