Kirby 3.5 launch party and December sale 🚀

Launch party

It’s a busy week for us. Kirby 3.5 will be released tomorrow and while we are working on the final preparations for the launch, I wanted to let you know that we are having a little online launch party tomorrow. Marc Thiele, the organiser of the brilliant beyond tellerrand conference, invited @distantnative and me to hang out with him, have a beer or Glühwine, introduce the new features and talk about all things Kirby.

Join us tomorrow evening for a free event: https://beyondtellerrand.com/stay-curious/kirby-3-5-release-bastian-allgeier

December sale

We are (pre)-celebrating the launch of 3.5 and the end of 2020 with our December sale. Starting today, you can save 20% on every license until December 22nd: https://getkirby.com/buy

6 Likes

Brilliant news. I was just about to ask if the 3.5 launch was imminent. Have a great party tomorrow, I won’t be able to make it, unfortunately…

The live stream will be recorded, so you will be able to watch it later. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Moin,
any chance to watch this somewhere?
I missed it and didn’t register. :man_facepalming:t3:

We will let you know once it gets published.

Cool, thank You!

Each new version not only has new features, but there might also be security updates. So we always recommend that you update to new versions at least when we publish a security release. So no, there will no be updates to 3.4.x, because 3.5 is the update.

You don’t have to use the blocks and layout fields in 3.5, they are only in addition to the existing fields, so you can safely update. Regular updates also mean the the changes you may or may not have to do because things get deprecated remain limited and you don’t have to face a big blob of changes after two years or so.

1 Like

Nope, you want everything to be ready by the New Year, so this was intended to give you some more days to rewrite everything. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
5 Likes

Thank You so much for this!
I had like 4 coffeee323dsds now, but it was so much fun watching this!
You guys are such a lovely team.
Kudos to Marc as well!
Merry Christmas to y’all!

2 Likes