'invalid file type' when uploading .cer file in the panel

Hi kirby forum!

My client wants to share a .cer file through their site. When trying to upload the file in the panel I get the following error message: Invalid file type: -. The point of upload is a page which holds all of the page’s files. On upload it doesn’t assign a template therefore I don’t restrict mime-types. Does anyone have an idea how to prevent this from happening and have the upload succeed?

By default, Kirby only supports a certain set of file types.

You have to define a new file type and then probably use a file blueprint to allow uploading this file type:

Thanks for the reply!

My code for adding a file type now looks like this:

Kirby::plugin('pulsundzeit/FileTypes', [
  'fileTypes' => [
    'cer' => [
      'mime'      => ['application/pkix-cert', 'application/octet-stream'],
      'type'      => 'application',
      'resizable' => false,
      'viewable'  => false
    ],
  ]
]);

additionally I’ve created a file blueprint

title: .cer Zertifikat

accept:
  mime: application/pkix-cert, application/octet-stream

unfortunately an upload is still not possible in either an unrestricted files section or in a file section with template: cer.

The reason I added application/octet-stream is that the file seems to actually have the mime type application/octet-stream for whatever reason. I tried combinations of file blueprint and fileType extension with just pkix-cert or octet-stream or both. None worked so far and either the file is greyed out in the upload dialog or all files are clickable in the dialog and I get the error message Invalid file type: application on upload.

Am I missing a step needed to activate this file type?