Immutable IDs for pages

I am currently developing a new site where I’d like to utilize relationships.

I have an articles collection and an authors collection. Both of which are pages with additional fields.

On the articles page I’d like to be able to add authors via the pages field. Vice versa I’d like to be able to assign/deassign articles via a pages field on the author page.

I’ve read up a lot about it and right now this m:n relationship only seems to be possible with the AutoID plugin and hooks. I managed to implement it, however only with the multiselect field, not with the pages field.

Now I’ve read about the new feature request “Immutable IDs for pages” on Immutable IDs for pages · Kirby Feedback and I got really excited about it. I believe this will solve all of my issues that I now still need an own implementation for.

I know it might be too early to give details about the core implementation of the immutable ids feature. However, I am interested to know whether this will mean that we will be able to use two-way relationships and make use of the pages field (without workarounds with AutoID, multiselects and hooks).

It would be great to know this before I start hacking together my own implementation when this functionality will be available in the core soon. Really looking forward to this!

2 Likes

Work on this feature hasn’t started yet, so I’m afraid we cannot provide any details yet.