How to Setup Single-Language, Non-English Site?

Hi all,

I need to setup a site in Brazilian Portuguese. This will be a single-language site, so I don’t really need a multi-lingual setup. I just need everything to be in Brazilian Portuguese, including the dates in Blog articles, and the Panel.

Now, I’ve setup the config for the site just with Brazilian Portuguese - I think - like this:

c::set('locale','pt_BR.UTF8');
c::set('languages', array(
  array(
    'code'    => 'pt',
    'name'    => 'Português',
    'default' => true,
    'locale'  => 'pt_BR',
    'url'     => '/'
    )
));
c::set('panel.language', 'pt_BR');

The dates in the Blog articles are showing in the right locale - yay! - but the Panel insists on being in English. I can’t get it to show in Brazilian Portuguese…

What am I doing wrong?..

The language of the panel works on a per user level, that way users can work in their own different native language if they so choose to - so you’d have to change your language for your own user account in the panel.

In the panel, go to “Users” hit Edit for your user and change the Language for the user to Português (Brasileiro)‎.

Also if your site only has the one language, you shouldn’t need to enable the multi-language feature. Just setting the locale should be enough.

Thank you both @JimmyRittenborg and @lukasbestle for the lesson on language features - very, very useful! Indeed, all I needed in the end was the locale set to pt_BR - so easy! And if the user wants to see the panel in their language, they can choose it in their own user settings. Great!