How does Kirby handle cache refresh with redis?

Hi there,

I’m on a Kirby 5.5.3 system and as I’ve seen that since v5 it’s possible to set redis as cache driver in config so I enabled it to test it out.

It seems to work fine and page loading seems faster but I realized that the cache doesn’t seem to flush itself the same as it used to do with default driver. I had to connect to the server and flush manually redis to display new changes on website.

I wonder how it works and if there’s a way I could ensure that any change made on a content through the panel triggers a flushing of what’s needed.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

In theory, it should like other cached river flush the whole cache e.g. on page updates via Panel etc.

If this doesn’t work, sounds like a bug in kirby/src/Cache/RedisCache.php at main · getkirby/kirby · GitHub

Have you been able to reproduce it with a plain starterkit/specific redis config? If so, could you open an issue for it please?

Thank you. Meanwhile I had to changer hosting provider and we don’t user anymore Redis so I’m afraid I won’t be able to test it out for the moment. Thank you for your time.