Get item custom field ( sidenotes)

In the blog texts I want to be able to include sidenotes and the idea is that it works as the social media entries on the About page in the example( in this case has two fields, one for platform and one for url). For the sidenote it fields would be number and note. How would I have to include them in the php template to reference them by number / key?

The about blueprint uses a structure field, so you can create a structure collection from the field content toStructure() and then loop through them. Each field in the loop is referenced by its field name, so that depends on how you name your fields, so instead of url and platform you would use your field names.

Or what exactly do you mean by

For example ( across_the_ocean.txt)

Title: Across the ocean
----
Text:
Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts.
sidenotes(1)
Mountains, she had a last view back on the skyline of her hometown Bookmarksgrove, the headline of Alphabet Village and the subline of her own road, the Line Lane.
sidenotes(2)
 Pityful a rethoric question ran over her cheek, then she continued her way. On her way she met a copy.
----
Sidenotes:
-
item: 1
note: Just the first note
-
item: 2
note: Just the second note

Output

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 20.43.11

Yes, you create the structure object like in the about.php template, then loop through the structure.

Just replace with your field names, so social becomes sidenotes, url() => item() etc.

I’ ve seen this approach but is not the same. I have to put sidenote alined with the number. For example:

That’s nothing Kirby specific, more getting your Markup/CSS right.

https://edwardtufte.github.io/tufte-css/

Maybe it would make more sense to use Footnotes instead of an unrelated structure field, though.

Cool! Thxs!!!