Exclude from image list selected field

Hi, sorry i get stuck on the weirdest parts lol.
Ive tried this:

<?php foreach($page->images()->filterBy('filename', '!=', $page->image($page->artista())->url()) as $image): ?>

Basicly i need to list all images on the page except the image selected on the panel that i named “artista”.

Thanks in advance

You are trying to get the url of a collection instead of a single image here, which will not work.

<?php 
foreach($page->images()->filterBy('filename', '!=', $page->image($page->artista()->value())) as $image): ?>

You could also use not()

<?php foreach($page->images()->not($page->image($page->artista()->value())) as $image): ?>

Ive tried both and the image is still listed, could it be something with the rest of the code?
Here’s the full foreach:

<?php foreach($page->images()->filterBy('filename', '!=', $page->image($page->artista()->value())) as $image): ?>
<?php endforeach ?>

Oh, I see the problem, try:

<?php foreach($page->images()->filterBy('filename', '!=', $page->cover()) as $image): ?>

or

<?php foreach($page->images()->not($page->cover()->toString()) as $image): ?>

This bit:

$page->image($page->artista()->value()))

does not give you the filename, but the file path, so the condition is never true.

2 Likes

That worked, thanks!
Really helpful as always.

Thank you so much! This is some crucial tip here.

I feel this should be mentioned right alongside the panel field Image. I think this might be a commonly needed thing.

:+1:

1 Like