Example for pagination via api page-search?

Hi,

I’m trying to build a vue-plugin for the frontend, where I want to paginate results in an API-Call to /api/pages/:id/children/search?select=content,files.
I definatly don’t want to paginate all results in the frontend (fetch all and paginate on client-side), but in the api-call itself. That should be possible out of the box, right (/api/pages/:id/children/search | Kirby CMS)?

I already found the forum-thread for the filterBy-option, which isn’t really intuitive and documented like that, so I assume the paginate-solution is kinda complicated as well?!

I was hoping that just using the limit and offset-params would do the trick (as they at least limit and offset the results), but the response-pagination-object returns nonsense data.

For example:

• I don’t use limit and offset in the POST-Body: { "page": 1, "total": 4, "offset": 0, "limit": 20 }
  • I say limit: 1, offset: 0, I get in the response { "page": 1, "total": 1, "offset": 0, "limit": 1 }

But in order to build the pagination in the Frontend, I need a correct total info. The available paginate-Array I got no clue how to use.

I’m using Kirby 3.8.0-rc.1

Here’s the codebase:

const postParams: PostParams = {
      search: selectedFilters?.searchText || '',
      filterBy: [],
      limit: 1,
      page: 1,
    };

const response = await fetch('/api/pages/foo/children/search?select=content,files', {
      method: 'POST',
      body: JSON.stringify(postParams),
      headers: {
        'X-CSRF': window.csrf,
        'X-Language': 'en_US',
      },
    });

OK, again I answered that question to myself, not shure why it didn’t work the first time i tried… Adding &limit=1 to the request URL does the trick:

/api/pages/:id/children/search?select=content,files&limit=1