Create users only allowed to edit subpages of a specific page

Hello,

I am working on a website for an academic journal that periodically publishes ‘projects’.
The site now has the usual user roles: an admin (me) and a couple of editors.

These ‘core editors’ will be able to write and publish the different ‘projects’. So far so good.

I would like to be able to create what we would call ‘project editors’: users that can only add/edit/delete within the context of a single, a priori assigned, project.

Additionaly there would be the role of a ‘project reader’: users that can only edit already existing pages (spell checking, proofreading) for a single project, but that are not able to delete / hide / sort / … pages.

The ideal situation would be that in the panel, in the user creation screen, one could assign a specific page to a newly created project editor or project reader.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks in advance!

Sander

In general, you can use permissions to allow access and editing rights based on a user role.

If you assign pages to users in the user settings, you have to make sure that these users cannot edit their user profiles, otherwise they would be able to change this setting. But you could then query this information in your user permissions, I think.

https://getkirby.com/docs/panel/permissions

1 Like