Changing default bold kirbytext action

Hi guys

I have a site that I’m working on for a client. The design is based around lines and there is only one weight of one typeface used throughout the site. Because of this, I want to change the the kirbytext action that is triggered when the client uses the asterisks—from bold to underlined. I have looked around in the docs but can’t find where the the files I would need to change are located. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat,

You should check out Kirbytext filters. This should help you achieve what you want.

PS: I usually advise against using underline for marking up text, because visitors usually associate this with links.

It might make sense to keep the markup for those asterisks, but only style them differently, to keep their semantic meaning?

This is what I was thinking—I would like to change the current instance of ** rather than creating a new one.

But then all you need to do is change the CSS for <strong> (two asterisks) and <em> (1 asterisk)?

Ahhhhhh right. I was looking for a snippet or something in the config files that would allow me to change it from there. I didn’t realise it would be so simple. Thanks!