3.0.1-rc.1 panel runs out of memory with file blueprints

Think I may have found a bug with the file blueprints, causing PHP to run out of memory.

I have a files section in my page blueprint that is limited to audio files. I have a files blueprint (called audio.yml) containing this…

title: Audio

accept: audio/mpeg, application/octet-stream, audio/mp3

columns:
  - width: 1/2
    sections:
      content:
        type: fields
        fields:
          title:
            label: Title
            type: text
          artist:
            label: Artist
          album:
            label: Album
          genre:
            label: Genre
          year:
            label: Year
          composer:
            label: Composer
          duration:
            label: Duration
          track:
            label: Track
          cover:
            label: Cover
            type: files

When i pick an image for the cover field, the image picker pops up, i select one just fine but when i try to save the meta in the panel by clicking save on the orange bar, it hangs and tells me this:

Exception: Whoops\Exception\ErrorException
Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes)

I thought It may have been something to do with the plugin i’m working on but i’ve completely removed the plugin from the site and the issue persists.

Im using Kirby 3.0.1-rc.1

0 Likes

I get a different message, but can reproduce an error, could you please create an issue on GitHub?

The form could not be saved
Exception: Error
Maximum function nesting level of ‘256’ reached, aborting!

0 Likes

Sure. i just set up a clean copy of the starter kit and replicated it there too, but i got the memory issue again not the error you got. Environment differences perhaps. I’m running on php 7.1

0 Likes

Issue created…

0 Likes

I changed the title slightly. I think that this has been here before 3.0.1. We will try to fix it for 3.0.2

1 Like

This bug seems to still appear when using a files field in a User blueprint. I’ve created a bug report on github: https://github.com/getkirby/kirby/issues/1556

0 Likes