The topic was wrongly categorized, sorry.
There is a site near completion with several panel pages which have structure fields.
We’ve been adding entries to these fields for a while. We added entries in the default lang (es_MX) , switched to the other lang (en_US) and translated the entries we just added.
At some point in time we added some entries, switched languages and the entries were not there, switched languages back, the entries were there.
This now seems to happen in all or most pages with structure fields. Any newly added entry is not added to the secondary language by default.
As mentioned, at some point I changed how locales appear in the lang config. For some reason I had them as such:
'code' => 'en',
'default' => false,
'direction' => 'ltr',
'locale' => [
6 => 'en_US'
'name' => 'English',
When I saw that 6 in the locale array I though that was a mistake and removed it as such:
'locale' => 'en_US'
I am unsure if this caused the problem, but just in case I rolled back to the weird syntax with the 6 but that did not solve the problem.
I also tried to edit the files manually to add the missing items, and that is allright, but that did not solve the problem for newly added items.