Strange subpage behaviour

I actually added that, to avoid loading the legal page object on the legal page itself. Leaving it out before had the same results, I get the 404 Page with the subpage below it:

if( page('legal')->hasListedChildren() ) :
          $items = page('legal')->children()->listed();
        endif;
0 Likes

The 404 error is probably the result of another problem on those legal children pages themselves.

On a side note, please don’t use the code like this:

if( page(‘legal’)->hasListedChildren() ) :
$items = page(‘legal’)->children()->listed();
endif;

but like I posted above.

0 Likes

Yes, I know :wink: I used your code the above is just to lazyness while testing. Any Idea for debugging the 404?

0 Likes

Is debugging on?

What is in the template these children use?

0 Likes

Sure. The Default template.

0 Likes

Could you post the template these pages use?

0 Likes

Super Simple

<?php snippet('header') ?>

<article class="main__content">
      <header class="article__header">
        <h2><a href="<?php echo $page->url(); ?>"><?php echo $page->title(); ?></a></h2>
        <time datetime="$page->date('c')"><?php echo $page->date('F dS, Y'); ?></time>
      </header>
        <?php echo $page->text()->kirbytext() ?>
      </article>

<?php snippet('footer') ?>
0 Likes

I also disabled my routes and barbar.js (ajax page loader) the behaviour consists. I just tried adding another subpage for another section, looks like I get the same results for all subpages, indipendent from the footer menu. It’s like the $page objetct gets returned twice.

It does not happen for the blog itself, I can open each article (which are at the end subpages) normally.

I have to digg why this is happening and where I hve the issue in my templates.

0 Likes

I also have the issue on the blog now :man_facepalming: Now everything is falling apart :smiley:

0 Likes

Great! That’s what you wanted, isn’t it?:wink:

0 Likes

Okay - its probably the route:

return [
    [
      'pattern' => '(:any)',
      'action'  => function($uid) {
        $page = page($uid);
        if(!$page) $page = page('blog/' . $uid);
        if(!$page) $page = site()->errorPage();
        return site()->visit($page);
      }
    ],
    [
      'pattern' => 'blog/(:any)',
      'action'  => function($uid) {
        go($uid);
      }
    ]
];

As I copied that blindly earlier when there was an issue with the home setting in an early version of Kirby 3 I don’t have a clue what it is actually doing. :smiley: The blog works if it is enabled, but the rest not.

0 Likes

Are those routes in your config or in a separate file? Because somehow there seems to be the route key missing?

0 Likes

Seperate file

0 Likes

Ok, but these routes look ok and should work without throwing errors on other pages. All the route does is make blog children work without the blog path in it.

0 Likes

Hm okay but then all other subpages that are not under blog do throw the error, right?

/blog/article <- works
/article <-works

/about <- works
/about/test <-breaks
/legal <- works
/legal/privacy-policy <-breaks

0 Likes

But these shouldn’t be affected by the route at all because the patterns don’t apply. The current patterns only listen to something like about, legal, blog etc. or blog/something.

Maybe subpages don’t work at all in your installation? Do they work if you remove the routes?

0 Likes

No, they don’t work. That is really strange, any idea where the issue might be?

0 Likes

Hm, if it was a rewriting issue, I would expect only the Startpage to work. But I don’t know what additional stuff you have working in your project, so it’s hard to tell what’s happening here.

0 Likes

Okay, back to the drawing board then. As I ported stuff from an old kirby 2 theme I created I will reset stuff and check where the issue might be. I’ll keep you posted.

0 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

0 Likes