Question to the Article: Quicktip: Serving a page on its own domain

Hi,
I just have a question for the Article Quicktip: Serving a page on its own domain
Did I understand it right. If I Use this code in the index.php that the domain „blog.domain.com“ will be the root for the the „domain.com/blog“.
Andy will it work like „blog.domain.com/article1“ or „blog.domain.com/blog/article1“ ?
Thanks für your help.

A domain is not a root. It means that when someone requests the domain blog.domain.com, the blog page is returned as response.

The subdomain blog.domain.com needs to point to the same document root as the main domain for this to work.

The basic example will not work for subpages, see remark: Quicktip: Serving a page on its own domain | Kirby CMS

Note that you might need a new license for such extra pages, depending on context, e.g… if the secondary domain is not related to the main domain. So you cannot use such a setup to provide independent websites from a single Kirby installation with just one license.

Thanks for your help. So, this code “only” routed the request to the defined location.
Is there an opportunity that if the request comes in that “blog.domain.com” seems like a starting point, without the “blog.domain.com/blog”?