Panel hooks from loop fails

silly me. i used a template with blueprint having an autoid field. thats why update is called on create.

so now i have the following issue using autoid. autoid registers a panel.page.create hook. on create it will call $page->update() to write the autoid. so far so good.
but i also have a custom hook listening to panel.page.update. so this one gets triggered causing the slow progressbar. a basic hook like this works fine.

kirby()->hook('panel.page.create', function($page) { file_put_contents(kirby()->roots()->index().'/testcreate.log', 'hello'); });

but once i use my plugin in fails. in all other cases it works just when create is causing an update.

kirby()->hook('panel.page.create', function($page) use ($plugin) { $plugin->log($page, 'panel.page.create'); });

so my guess is that my plugin fails to process the update because its still processing the create. a nested call of the same plugin. any ideas how to fix this?

i check revisions from @jenstornell again. he uses only static functions and no issue in combination with autoid. good job. :clap:

but i refuse the idea to make my plugin static since its not causing the loop. autoid form @helllicht is causing it. so i can create an github issue there (which would require them to go static) or i find a workaround myself.

any ideas how to track if my class is called nested?

haha. it always helps writing to the forum. explaining a problem is half way of solving it.

i just added a static ‘lock’ to my own class blocking the main function to be called nested.

private static $lock;
public function main() {
  if(MyClass::$lock) return;
  MyClass::$lock = true;

try {
     // do work
  } catch(Exception $ex) {
    // maybe echo ex
  }
  finally {
      MyClass::$lock = false;
  }