Official Kirby plugins page filterable grid & general theme questions

I like the filterable grid as seen on the official Kirby plugins page. Was a plugin used to create this, or is it a function built in to the theme (if so, what theme is it)?

Speaking of themes, when you purchase Kirby themes do you get all the content as seen in the demo(s)?

1 Like
  1. Let me just clarify that it’s not an official plugins page, it is maintained by @DieserJonas.

2. The filterable grid uses isotope.

3. What do you mean with “do you get all the content”? Do you mean, can you use all the images in your own project etc.?

Edit: Pls. note that Isotope requires a commercial license unless you develop an Open Source application. But there are alternatives, e.g. Shuffle.js.

On a related note, will there ever be an official plugins page? As getkirby-plugins.com doesn’t seem to be maintained anymore.

There is an official Kirby plugins repo, which has mostly plugins developed and/or maintained by the Kirby team, and there’s the unofficial github repo maintained by @jenstornell and @aoimedia.

Edit: I can’t really answer the question if there will ever be an official repo for all kinds of plugins …:crystal_ball:

2 Likes

I might have found a new personal project then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understood.

Thanks! I don’t know if I’d have the skills to implement isotope, but it’s exactly what I want on my site.

No, I would not use the images, etc., on my site. I want to know if the content and structure are included so I can see how things were made.[quote=“texnixe, post:2, topic:5362”]
Edit: Pls. note that Isotope requires a commercial license unless you develop an Open Source application. But there are alternatives, e.g. Shuffle.js.
[/quote]

I don’t mind paying $25 for something I’d need to build my site. Shuffle.js also looks interesting.

Kirby themes usually contain blueprints, demo content, (controllers if used) and templates/snippets, so you can see how everything is made. There might be big differences in the quality of code each theme provides, though. Try to make sure that a theme you are interested in is still maintained and the developer is available to provide support.

It’s not difficult to implement a solution like Isotope. The documentation is quite extensive and if you have problems with implementing the classes in Kirby, you’ll find help here in the forum. The general procedure would be to add a field with categories in your blueprint and then add these categories as classes in your templates.

Thank for the prompt and thoughtful replies. I spent some time and looked at the portfolio of themes and wouldn’t you know it – Anchor, one of the first themes listed, is very similar to what I’m looking for. I think I’ll spend the $30 and play with it for a while to see if it’s for me.

1 Like

Looks like a good choice :slight_smile: