Multisite Setup

This is something new for me, that’s why I thought about asking for tipps.
I’m currently building a website which should have 3 different starting pages:

• A seasonal page from January - June
  • A seasonal page from August - October
  • A landingpage to switch between the seasons (in off-season, e.g. November)

In the end it’s two sites, one for summer and one for autumn, the content is different so I though about using on Kirby for two sites. I already read this article: Using Kirby for multiple sites | Kirby CMS and I guess this is the way I should do this but I don’t know how to do this on a local machine and I don’t know how to do the seasonal front-page thing. To clarify things, I attached a little chart. I’m looking forward to your tipps!

But if I understand correctly, you want the domain fancysite.com to point to Content A from August to October and to Content B from January to June. Outside of these times, the domain should point to the landing page.

Should A be publicly accessible during period B and vice versa?

Yes, everything should be accessible during any time.
But I guess I could make this a lot easier by just using two Kirby installations mixed with one static html landing page. The rest could be done with just redirects.

I guess it’s pretty hard to use one Kirby instance with to serve to sites with almost identical content. I tried this yesterday and it works quite good but I’ll try this now with two Kirbies (haha sounds funny :D)