Logout on Image upload

Hi…

i can’t upload images when using the panel.
i don’t get any error or so… i just see the spinner for some time and the it redirects me to the login page. after relogin the file is not uploaded.

i use cloudflare infront with https… i disabled it and all options and tested again… same behavior.

i can see in the networ inspector panel that the request to upload?csrf=xxxx is made, than i get 2 request to /edit and the the login page appears.

any idea what could be wrong?

i use the latest kirby and panel with nginx

Hm, looks like we have two times the same problem on different systems: File upload causes user session to terminate, logging me out

Did that problem only come up after updating or is that a new installation?

i updated from a quiet old kirby 2 version.

but the kirby_session_auth is delete too on my installation.

btw… do you think i should try a clean install?

You could try with a new starterkit (in a separate directory, maybe), to see if that works.

same problem with new starterkit :frowning:

Could you try setting the following in your config:

s::$fingerprint = function() {
  return '';
};

This is just a test, but I want to check if it has something to do with our session fingerprinting.

nope… does not help…

would my php config help maybe?

i removed the auth filter in the upload route and commented the redirect in the upload action…
The kirby_session_auth gets still deleted after /upload was called.

I have the same problem, its a brand new install i downloaded yesterday. Php file upload settings are ok.

I did have a problem creating my account as well, had to make a patch for that. Not sure if it might be related, but I tried the upload with and without the patch.

hi @zeraien sadly it did not help…

i was thinking that maybe my php is missconfigured… so i switched from php 7.0.13 to HHVM… but i did not make any difference.

fixed…

i had a missconfiguration in nginx…

location /panel {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /beta/panel/index.php;
}

instead of

location /beta/panel {
    try_files $uri $uri/ /panel/index.php?$uri&$args;
}

actually i could not find any informations about nginx setup in the docs… maybe it would make sense to add some words… if you tell me where i would like to make a PR.

this issue can be solved

Please see this post: Kirby and Nginx

BTW. you can mark your own issues as solved by clicking on the pencil icon next to the headline and choosing the “solved” category.