Login session lifetime extending for the frontend

From frontend logged user after 10-15 minutes away, logout automaticly. How to extend this time to increase?

Thanks

You can set panel.session.lifetime and panel.session.timeout in config.php options.

1 Like

This is about frontend login not panel. Does work?

That would be the following code:

s::$timeout = 120; // two hours of session validity like in the Panel
s::$cookie['lifetime'] = 0; // don't let the cookie ever expire

Use it before the session gets initialized (for example in the config file).

3 Likes

Adding these two lines seems to have no effect (with Kirby 2.2 or 2.3). The kirby_session and kirby_session_auth cookies both continue to have an Expires / Max-Age of Session.

Boosting the lifetime value to 4200 instead of 0, however, does change the expire date of both cookies to something like 2016-07-01T07:29:44.414Z. The weird thing is that users still get logged out within a day, despite both cookies still being present with those faraway expiration dates.

I’m a bit perplexed as to why this is happening. Logging out manually deletes the kirby_session_auth cookie and hides any user-only content as you’d expect, but content still gets hidden if the user just waits a while, even though the kirby_session_auth cookie is still present in their browser.

Is there something other than the presence of the cookie that determines whether someone is logged in/out? Has anyone else gotten this working?

The solution does not seem to work. I have the following in my config.php:

s::$timeout = 60*24*30; // thirty days of session validity like in the Panel
s::$cookie['lifetime'] = 9999999; // don't let the cookie ever expire

Cookie lifetimes are set accordingly.
Nonetheless I still have to login every few hours…

Any hints? Daniel

I would also like to know any solution. I have a webshop where customers have to login to view products, but it seems like they are logged out in under 30 minutes.

Please see this topic. Discussion continues there.