Improvements for the new forum

Changing the CSS here is such a PITA, but I will do my best :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you very much :wink:

I liked the minimalistic style of the old forum better, but well it might only being used to it :smile:

I guess feature wise this one might be better, as the old one didn’t have notifications and stuff which was a pain to see if having a new reply.

It’s really jarring that Discourse hijacks the CMD-F / CTRL-F function of my browser. Is there an easy way to turn that off?

@bastianallgeier Is there a reason that the forum has no favicon at all?

It does have one for me (the red Kirby hexagon)

Hm … I can’t see it on OS X 10.9.5. I checked it with Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

For me it’s there on Safari and Firefox, absent on Chrome (OS X 10.10.3)

May be it is because of: .ico is standard, not .png

or it is a problem with the forum. subdomain and (relative) links to the icon file. At getkirby.com I see the icon.

Have you read the information you are linking to? Then you’d see that this is only true for legacy IE.

This will soon be possible in Discourse via an official plugin:

[quote=“samnabi, post:24, topic:52, full:true”]
It’s really jarring that Discourse hijacks the CMD-F / CTRL-F function of my browser. Is there an easy way to turn that off?
[/quote]No, there isn’t. It hijacks it because the highlight pop-up (for quoting) and the infinite scroll does not play well with standard CTRL+F behavior.

I could use the meantime to investigate your question more intensively.
I suspect now that the cause lies elsewhere:

The Kirby logo has a path that starts with:
http://forum.getkirby.com/uploads/getkirby/
Most of the other images have a path that starts with:
https://dub1.discourse-cdn.com/standard20/
To show the whole page, at least one further web server is requested for serving files.

If the gateway of the visitor to the internet is very or too busy, then the browser or the router of the visitor may stop the download of the slowly parts of the actual page.

Please look at the added boxes. They show, that the .png format is added later. At the very top of that page, you can find more about the history, if you want.

You can enable sorting of categories in admin, just go to site settings and search for “fixed category positions”

Also in other news, we recently deployed discourse solved, here

So you can enable solutions on a category or globally if you wish

I just set it so I watch the meta category here, ping me if you need any help

1 Like