Image template for files to only accept images doesn't work

Hmm looks like you’re right.

I think my mistake was trying to use a template key for a type: files field, based on examples I was seeing in the Blueprint samples.

But double-checking now, it looks like those examples use type: files sections, not type: files fields, which is hard to tell because it’s implicit (the sections key is not used).

So I did not use a correct field config like this:

type: files
label: Cover image
max: 1
uploads:
  # this will use the "accept" config from
  # blueprints/files/cover-image.yml
  template: cover-image

Because I already had a template key one level higher, based on copy-pasted examples, which was ignored silently:

type: files
label: Cover image
max: 1
# this will NOT use the "accept" config from
# blueprints/images/cover-image.yml
template: cover-image
# so I had to redefine the same "accept" config here
uploads:
  accept:
    # …